The decision to correct one’s vision is easy – choosing an ophthalmologist and refractive surgeon to perform the best service possible requires careful thought. Denver Ophthalmologist Dr. Lewis wants Denver and Cherry Creek residents to receive the kind of vision care they deserve through unparalleled excellence and personal care.
During the search for an ophthalmologist to meet all of a patient’s needs, where does one begin? Cherry Creek Eye Physicians and Surgeons, P.C. offers some pointers to help lead candidates straight to their ideal eye care center.
- Price: Although price can be a consideration, it should not be a deal maker or deal breaker. If a center’s prices are too high, it is best to talk to the financial coordinator and see what kinds of financing options they offer. Candidates should also beware of centers offering discount LASIK and refractive surgery – remember, when dealing with one’s eyes, quality should be more important than price. It is important to make sure that all factors are considered such as experience, technology and personal care.
- Experience: If a person is considering a certain ophthalmologist, they can inquire over the phone about the doctor’s education and years of experience, number of refractive procedures performed, and experience with multiple types of vision correction procedures.
- Vision Evaluation: Ask about the thorough eye screenings offered. What technologies and equipment are utilized to accurately detect and treat eye disease and abnormalities?
- Variety: Does the chosen ophthalmologist offer a variety of vision correction procedures? LASIK may not be the best option for everyone, so it important to choose a doctor who has multi-faceted expertise and can offer alternative treatments. Look for a Denver facility that offers comprehensive eye care.
- Follow-Up: Is the ophthalmologist involved in every stage of a patient’s vision care? It can be disappointing to see one doctor for an evaluation, another for the procedure, and another for the follow-up care. At Cherry Creek Eye Physicians and Surgeons, P.C., Dr. Lewis is there to discuss every concern throughout the vision correction process.
- Facility: Is the ophthalmologist’s office comfortable and convenient? Do the doctor and staff members go out of their way to make sure patients are comfortable? Does the facility appear clean, modern, organized and of high quality?
- Support Staff: Is the staff easily accessible, friendly, and helpful? Does it seem like they can be trusted with a patient’s important eye care issues?
- Your Gut Reaction: During your visit, you will quickly develop an “intuition” about how an office runs. If the office staff appears abrupt or disinterested or if the physician is intent on pushing one type of procedure, it should raise a red flag. Use your instincts that have been developed over the years to determine if a particular office has the experience and integrity to do the right thing for you.
These are the factors that you should examine when exploring your options. Consider the premium and personal care available at Cherry Creek Eye Physicians and Surgeons, P.C. Contact Dr. Lewis for your free, personalized laser vision correction consultation.